Tuesday, June 9, 2009

‘Tis So Sweet to Trust In Jesus
'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve prove Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
‘Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
Yes, ‘tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

I’m so glad I learned to trust Him,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Will be with me to the end.

Trust: assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something, one in which confidence is placed.

To trust someone would mean that you have formed a relationship with that person. I would not think it would be the norm to walk up to a stranger and automatically place your trust in that person. We would first want to get to know them and develop a relationship. How would you get to know them? Spending time with them, learning all we can about them.

Do we trust God? Do we fully trust Him? Fully trusting is taking your hands off and allowing God to work. It’s not interfering with Him. Are we so passionate about God that we fully trust Him, take Him at His Word? Do we rest upon His promise? Do we have a relationship with God that is so close that we trust Him with every aspect of our life?

Oh, for grace to trust Him more!!

0 comments: